Opening day is right around the corner and Aramark is delivering new ballpark food at nine Major League ballparks for the 2014 season and we have the press release with all the juicy details below.
If you get to one of these ballparks this season and try some of this delicious sounding food please let us know what you think!
PHILADELPHIA, PA (March 27, 2014) — Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the award-winning food and hospitality partner of nine Major League Baseball stadiums, is welcoming back baseball with a new lineup of menus featuring something for everyone. Hungry baseball fans will be delighted with Aramark’s new offerings of hand crafted burgers, gourmet sandwiches, delicious desserts and more.
Each winter, Aramark’s culinary team pours over proprietary data generated from its insight and analytics platform and fan feedback collected the previous season to help evaluate what menu items are most popular and those that can be improved. That information, combined with current food trends and local influences, make up the foundation for each ballpark’s new menu offerings for the upcoming season.
“Every year we brainstorm new and innovative ways to enrich the game day experience for baseball fans,” said Carl Mittleman, President, Aramark Sports and Entertainment. “This year, we focused on bringing more beloved local brands and distinctive tastes to the ballpark. By focusing on the localization and customization of each ballpark menu, we’re able to provide a unique experience for every guest who comes through the turnstile.”
From fresh, handcrafted burgers from a big-name burger joint in Denver, to an iconic ice cream truck’s first brick-and-mortar stand in New York, to tater-tot-nachos in Pittsburgh and fried green tomatoes in Atlanta; Cheesesteak hot dogs in Philadelphia and nachos topped with house smoked pulled pork and bacon in Kansas City, Aramark’s new line up of menu items are sure to be a homerun with hungry fans.
- Coors Field: CHUBurger*- All natural, grass-fed beef burgers, fresh cut French fries and shakes
- Fenway Park: Fried Egg Burger, Mozzarella Cheese Burger and Portobello Burger, all handmade at the ballpark
- Minute Maid Park: Nolan Ryan Beef 8oz. Single Burgers, Bacon Burgers and Mushroom Swiss Burgers
- PNC Park: BRGR*- Handcrafted burgers, fries, coleslaw and shakes
* Denotes a local restaurant or brand
- Citi Field: Carved Prime Rib Sandwich with parmesan and broccoli rabe (part of a rotating menu of seasonal, carved rotisserie sandwiches)
- Citizens Bank Park: Brisket Grilled Cheese- House braised and smoked brisket with pepper jack cheese on griddled Texas toast
- Coors Field: Pretzel Pastrami Sandwich- Brisket, sauerkraut, Russian dressing and Swiss cheese on a pretzel bun
- Minute Maid Park: Texas Hold’em- barbecue chicken with golden cheddar cheese, tomato, fries and slaw on Texas toast
- PNC Park: The Closer- Overstuffed grilled cheese sandwich with four slices of thick-cut sourdough, nine different cheeses, candied bacon and a leek and granny smith apple compote (Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club)
NACHOS, TACOS AND MORE
- Citi Field: Flushing Farm- A new rooftop vegetable and herb garden will provide produce for use in the Delta Sky360 Club and Acela Club
- Citizens Bank Park: Philly Cheese Steak Dog- Philly Frank topped with Philadelphia cheese steak, melted cheese, wit or wit out onions
- Kauffman Stadium: Farmland Nacho- Tortilla chips topped with house smoked pulled pork, bacon crème sauce, spicy giardiniera, bacon and pico de gallo
- PNC Park: Tatchos- Sea salt seasoned tater tots topped with chili, spicy nacho cheese and green onions, with a side of sour cream
- Rogers Centre: Muddy York Market Fish Taco- Tri colored tortilla crusted tilapia, red cabbage slaw, chili-lime sour cream, pico de gallo and cilantro on a soft flour tortilla
- Turner Field: Cutter Nacho- White corn tortilla chips with tequila marinated steak, cheddar cheese sauce, jalapeno peppers, fresh avocado (cut in front of guest), green onions, iceberg lettuce, black olives, black beans, pico de gallo and a sour cream drizzle
- Citi Field: Mister Softee* opens its first stadium and non-mobile ice cream store location
- Coors Field: Build Your Own Frozen Yogurt Stand featuring eight frozen yogurt flavors and 24 toppings
- Kauffman Stadium: Belfonte Ice Cream*
- Rogers Centre: Home made Eight Layer Red Velvet Cake (available in suites) and Hand Crafted Signature S ’Mores Bread Pudding (available in suites, TD Comfort Clubhouse and Sightlines Market & Bar)
* Denotes a local restaurant or brand
Aramark partners with 12 Major League baseball teams to provide food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services — Atlanta Braves, Boston Red Sox, Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, New York Mets, Oakland A’s, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners and Toronto Blue Jays.
Visit www.ballparkfoods.com for a look at the food and beverage programs available at each of Aramark’s ballparks this season.